Outi Tammisola became a Docent in Fluid Mechanics
Outi holds currently a position as Associate Professor in Fluid Mechanics at KTH Mechanics.
Outi joined KTH as tenure-track faculty in 2017. Prior to this, she held an Assistant Professor position in Univ. of Nottingham, UK 2014-2017, and a Postdoctoral Research Associate position in Univ. of Cambridge, UK 2011-2014. She obtained a PhD in Fluid Mechanics at KTH (2011), and a M.Sc. in Engineering Physics also at KTH (2006). Her current main research focus is on numerical simulations of complex fluids. She has also worked extensively on instability and adjoint-based sensitivity of Newtonian shear flows, such as wakes, jets, liquid sheets and complex geometry flows.
Outi is involved in several research activities at KTH Mechanics, among others:
- VR Grant Aerated materials - dynamics of droplets and bubbles in yield-stress fluids.
- VR Grant Design of micronozzles and control of droplet sizes by a sensitivity analysis of the flow field.
- EU Marie Curie RISE grant CTFF - Control of Turbulent Friction Force.
- Linné FLOW postdoctoral grant (Emad Chaparian) about particle settling and migration in yield-stress fluids.
- INTERFACE: a multidisciplinary centre for flow and molecular dynamics.